SC - Period cookery recipes

RButler96 at aol.com RButler96 at aol.com
Mon May 8 19:13:03 PDT 2000

Since I have had so many inquiries, I felt it necessary to share this on the
list.

A Baghdad Cookery Book
al-Baghdadi  1229
Translated in "Islamic Culture" (a journal)
the January 1939 edition

Be patient when requesting it.  One of the Ivy League schools has a hard
copy, and U of F has a microfiche copy that I have a print out of the
complete thing.  It's about 40 or 50 pages, and details many recipes, and
some great stories of the time.  It's basically one man's favorite dishes.
There are a couple that resemble dolma.

My Lord husband and I recently presented a feast taken from this publication,
and it went over absolutely beautifully.

    Khadijah bint Mika'il al-Zarqa'