SC - What kind of recipes would you experiment with....

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 9 13:34:28 PDT 2000

TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

>  Depending on the fuel used and the thermal mass of the oven, the oven
>  temperature should be between 400-600F.  This is not a problem because the
>  first temperature drop should be very steep and most breads can stand it.
>  There are a some French breads which call for a 550F starting oven which is
>  dropped to 400-450F shortly after the bread is loaded.
>
>  After the initial drop, the thermal exchange is a slow, steady decline.

So, this is a behemoth which holds its heat for quite some time?  That
changes things considerably.  If you happen to have plans for one of these
ovens, I would LOVE to see them!  This sounds like something I would very
much like to experiment with.  I have baked in "wood fired pizza ovens"
before, and loved the challenge, but this sounds like a completely different
animal.  Another toy for Balthazar to play with....

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Jesus died for my sins....I'm just giving him his money's worth!