SC - You think it's not period??

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue May 9 15:11:53 PDT 2000

That's great!  thanks!!!!  I seem to remember from an Archeology course I took
'way back when I was working on my M.A. being told that there was evidence, from
pottery shards that were found, that the Japanese also managed to reach South
America.  I'm not really sure about this as I also recall that the Japanese
weren't really great nautical types, preferring to sail around the coast rather
than out in the open ocean.  However, this was supposed to be fairly early and
seems to have been fishermen.  Has anyone else heard of anything of this sort?

Kiri