SC - Serving question

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Tue May 9 16:15:23 PDT 2000

<<<Christianan wrote:
No, not a shock at all.  We did not 'run out and buy' these platters
without lots of consideration, time spent by nic and others in shopping several sources, and after years of making do with inadequate gear.  We are a relatively financially comfortable Barony, mostly because,  our Founding Baron who was also the reeve at the time (28 years ago) could squeeze a penny until Lincoln screamed, and we have been fiscally responsible ever since.  We hold large, usually successful events, that folks regularly show up for at the last minute and pay top dollar, so we end up making money more often than not.  It was the considered opinion of the group, after much discussion, input, and two different visual presentations by niccolo that we came to the conclusion to spend this money as a way to best serve our guests....<<<SNIP>>>
Christianna
who was glad to have nic put the time and effort into his research on the Barony's behalf >>>>>

It also bears saying that the poll run by THL Rayne recently regarding feasts got us all thinking in the mindset of finding a good presentation for our atmosphere.  We have always found good, servicable items that did a yeoman's work over the years.  Our implements and dishes always worked and held on courageously.  we simply decided to risk some capital this time to try something different.  Had we not the monewy, we surely would have held fundraisers (Oh! the food we could sell!) to get what we needed.  We have very resourceful people that way.  And the people contributing would have gotten the benefit of the investment to boot!

niccolo difrancesco