SC - What kind of recipes would you experiment with....

Wed May 10 14:01:46 PDT 2000

> Have you checked Elizabeth David's book on breads?  I don't
> know a whole lot of
> work with bread, but my lord does, and he got quite excited
> about all of the
> information in the book about ovens.
>
> Kiri

Yes.  It has excellent information about ovens, but not about building them.

As for David's English Bread and Yeast Cookery, I would recommend the
edition from the early 70's (1972?) with Karen Hess' annotations over the
current edition.

And the Second Edition of Wood's Sourdoughs of the World from Antiquity has
a nice section on experimenting with an
Ancient Egyptian bakery.  You want both editions of this book.  The First
Edition has more recipes.

Bear