SC - Egil's Tourney

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed May 10 23:05:39 PDT 2000

Kerri Canepa wrote:

> I will have the wonderful opportunity to attend Egil's Tourney this year in
> lovely An Tir.

How delightful! I look forward to meeting you!

> I know there are several people on this list who live in that
> neck of the woods; how many of you will be attending?

I will, with all three of my progeny, one of Rotrude's friends, my very
dearest lord Seumas, and other assorted rabble...

> Would it be possible for us Cook's List folks to get together perhaps? I'm
> staying in a yurt and have been given access to a rather well appointed camp
> kitchen. Mind you, I haven't a clue what I'm getting myself in to (this is all
> being provided for me, bless them all) but I think it would be fun to at least
> get some schmoozing in during the event. Cooking would be even better.

Well, Seumas will be providing workers' treats and will be tied up in
the kitchen a good deal of the time (sit DOWN Puck!) and I'll be cooking
for at least 8, maybe more... any chance you'd care to visit our camp?
You can ask around for Elaine and Seumas (not hard to find- he's the
principality herald) and/or find us- we'll be camped on the main road-
my pavilion is purple and green with a white roof, and our banners will
be out front- mine is 'purpure, a dove volant argent, wings addorsed, in
chief three violets proper, slipped and leaved vert' and his is... um, I
don't know the blazon but it's blue and white, three piles coming from
the right. There will be a kitchen therebouts, unless my son has eaten
everything...

What I haven't figured out is how I will pack and get ready for Egils
when I'm in Portland and the others- people and things- are in
Portland... details...

'Lainie