SC - Martino Question (Blancmange)

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu May 11 12:34:36 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/11/00 10:49:24 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
JGedney at dictaphone.com writes:

> You can make a sun still by putting the petals and some water in a glass
bowl,

>  which has a short tumbler in the middle, and Plastic wrap securely
fastened
>  on top with rubber bands. place a small weight like a marble ( shooter )
on
> top
>  of the plastic such that it is over the tumbler, and put it in a sunny
spot.

I have a "National Culinary Review" article which describes this process very
effectively.  Although, in the article the chefs use an alcohol base, into
which they place the aromatics, and then very slowly raise the temperature to
draw off the flavored or scented vapors, which then collect on the plastic
wrap, and drip into the cup.  I will try this to make rose water, as Brandu
describes, but may need a few suggestions as to which roses to use.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt