SC - OT Vegetarian Vampires (was Absinthe)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu May 11 16:42:33 PDT 2000

>What DO vegetarian vampires eat anyway?  Synthetic blood replacement?
>
>Etain (who is a "vampire" - not a Goth- in RL, but we won't go there......)

Well, i don't know, although i do have vegetarian Goth friends. So,
to get further off topic, anyone used to be a fan of "Forever
Knight"? A police detective in Toronto, Nick Knight generally got his
from the blood bank. In one rather amusing episode he was
investigating murders among an AA group and tried to kick his habit
of drinking blood.

How can i get this back on topic?

Uh, ok, in Indonesia and the Philippines blood is often collected
from animals when they are slaughtered and included in the cooking of
certain dishes, for example, in Pilipino dinaguan and Batak saksang.
Do we have many European recipes from "SCA period" that include blood
as an ingredient in dishes besides "blood sausage"?

Anahita