SC - Speculating on breakfast ...

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Thu May 11 21:22:20 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/11/00 7:36:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ahrenshav at yahoo.com writes:

> As far as I have seen, there is no documentation as to
>  when waffles, french toast or pancakes were eaten,
>  although there is a painting of a 12th Night Feast
>  that has waffles as part of the feast and it was
>  clearly an evening meal.

The Larousse Gastronomique has a reference to oublies (period waffles) being
sold from merchant carts both night and day.  No documentation for this,
unfortunately, but its pretty easy to believe.  The recipe I have posted is
pretty darned good, regardless of when served.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt