SC - rosewater

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 11 23:43:37 PDT 2000

Balthazar of Blackmoor asked:
> Also, does anyone have a good recipe for rosewater?  I would much rather make
> my own than purchase it from an importer of store.

If you really want to make your own, I believe there are directions in
this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the Florilegium:
rose-water-msg    (37K)  6/11/99    Where to buy. How to make.
Rose-water uses.

However, considering the problems of getting insecticide free roses, the
quantity needed and how cheap the commercial stuff is, I would recommend
just buying the commercial stuff if you have it available. Unless you are
really just wanting to try making it.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net