SC - Galette (was - Anyone have any good "period"picnic items recipes ?)

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Fri May 12 09:36:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/12/00 7:16:09 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

> If you are saying all flat round loaves are galettes, I can see the argument
>  that they stretch back to the Neolithic.

That's pretty much what I am saying, however; I am keeping the door to this
one open.  I'm sure these simple, flat, round cakes have gone by many
different names over the centuries, but the recipe the original poster
offered is very similar to a plain, no frills galette.  What I am not saying,
however, is that I have documentation to prove these are period....merely
"assumedly period", on the basis of similarities.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt