SC - Speculating on breakfast ...

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri May 12 12:35:48 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/12/00 1:45:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
serian at uswest.net writes:

<< So I would
 suspect that the "breakfast foods" as we think of them would
 be less time-specific.

Actually almost without exception period references to breakfast as a
separate meal little resemble anything we think of as breakfast today.
Leftovers, from the night before, used trenchers soaked in wine, etc.

Not to be critical because Victorian cooking is my second love of life after
medieval cookery but 19th century cookery is 300 yrs removed from early
modern cookery and 400 years removed from actual medieval cookery. :-)

Ras