SC - Local dottir makes good...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri May 12 18:57:12 PDT 2000

Hullo, th' list!

I've just been enjoying reading a short letter/article printed in the
latest Petits Propos Culinaires, on the subject of Icelandic use of
certain foods, courtesy of our very own Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir. Very
enjoyable, especially when my dramatic reading of the passage on sheep's
heads and eyes, for the benefit of my son, was overheard by half a
subway car's worth of commuters...

Hey, PPC has maybe a dozen articles each issue. What say we swamp them sometime?

Congratulations, Nanna! Folks, she is not only the author of a
comprehensive book on Icelandic foods, but has apparently been
instrumental in Alan Davidson's rethinking some passages from his own
book on the subject, and he's publishing a second edition with Nanna's
corrections! (He shoulda asked her in the first place!)

Is this kewl or what???

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy