SC - Speculating on breakfast ...

allilyn at juno.com allilyn at juno.com
Fri May 12 23:20:52 PDT 2000

We had breakfast, of-course-salad-is-real-food, and dinner.  Unless Dad
was stationed overseas, in which case we might only have supper.  The
traditional Christmas present wrapping night supper was waffles--big,
home-made ones with my Grandmother's old waffle iron--covered with
chicken in gravy.  The chicken was shredded into slivers and heated in
the chicken gravy.

If we had something like that for a week-end lunch, it was crepes,
wrapped around something, and covered with a sauce.  The traditional
pancake was covered with butter and maple syrup in our home.

I think I still have the little--6"?--cast iron skillet for the crepes,
and the waffle iron.  That is so old, it has a cloth covering on the
electric cord, and much as I want some of those waffles, I'm afraid to
plug in an appliance that's older than *I* am.
Regards,
Allison,     allilyn at juno.com