SC - Rosemary (was "The Medieval Garden")

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat May 13 00:57:55 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/12/00 9:04:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au writes:

> I am also a non gardener - I once killed a rosemary bush, at that point I
>  gave up!  I

You're not the only one!  I have been able to grow some of the toughest
plants, and have them bear plentiful fruit, but cannot, for the life of me,
manage to keep a rosemary plant alive past about six months.  And, here in my
part of California, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a rosemary
bush (believe me...I've tried.  i don't like cats).  I followed all the
"rosemary rules", too.... went to work one day (okay, I WAS there for 36
hours), and when I came home, it was fried.  No green left, whatsoever.
Straw colored, even...

Where I used to work, we have rosemary plants that reach up to my chest (and
I'm 6-4).  I thought about driving by late at night with a shovel and a big
pot.....

If anyone has any tips (something I might be missing), I would LOVE to hear
them.  I enjoy using rosemary.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt