SC - sourdough experiment #1 alternate method

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 16:17:34 PDT 2000

The starter sponge that I use isn't the San Francisco
lactobacillus.  But it does have a strong sour taste.

My recipe is two cups of flour and one cup of flat
beer.  I usually use rye flour and, if I am fortunate,
I will use home brewed beer.  It takes about three
days to start to bubble.  I usually keep it on the
counter next to the oven.  I personally think that the
introduction of beer gives the bread a closer flavor
to breads that were baked using barm.

Huette

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>