SC - Authenticity Buffs

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Thu May 18 19:26:21 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Brandu
> game get the history of the game, or better yet have an index card
> handy with this information, and leave it on the table next to the game.

Now that is a jolly good idea - why didn't I think of it?  I don't think
that I will get anything organised for this event, but I really must think
on it some more to make it work for our events.  Thank you for the
suggestion.

I actually do something similar when I teach games to school children as a
part of a demo.  I have game board, rules, brief history all on the same
page.  That way they can take the photocopy home and show it to their
parents (and possibly even play it with them).

> But your friend has the right attitude. the Goal is to have fun.

Yes, of course the idea is to have fun - but there are so many known period
games (that is, ones which fit the SCA concept) that it seem a shame to
introduce others.  (Mind you, I do regret that some of the Aztec or Egyptian
games I like so much can't be played at events either!)

Gwynydd