SC - Re:RE Lord Olaf of Trollhiemsfjord-Feast Disaster

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Fri May 19 08:46:31 PDT 2000

	You are partly right Lord Stefan,  Carolengia is the Greater Boston area,
but the reason events up here can be large is the density of SCAdian
population in the small overall region.  In the Northeastern Region of East
Kingdom there are 2 Districts:  Northern Peaks (ME, NH, VT, & Northeaster
NY with 8 Shires, 1 Provence & 1 Barony), & the Northern Shores District
(Eastern Canada,The least dense area with 3 Shires, 1 College, 1 Port, 2
Baronies & 9 Cantons); in the Central Region (MA, RI, CT, & Central NY with
7 Shires, 6 Baronies & 10 Cantons), the Southern Region (Central & Eastern
PA, DE, Southern NY & NJ with 8 Shires, 4 Baronies, 11 Cantons, 1 Baliwick,
& a Crown Provence) are all within a 12 hour trip of Boston,  Most are
within a 6 hour drive.  If an event gets a good "Buzz" it can draw from a
wide area. Birka 1 had people coming from as far away as Southern NJ and I
met several people from Prince Edward Island at Birka 11.  One of the
reasons I wanted to come back to the Northeast was the ability to attend an
event every weekend of the year without driving over 4 hours more than 3-4
times a year (if I sound a little wistful it is because Quintavia is
holding Boredom War this weekend only 1/2 hour from here & my co worker is
still out "sick",  I was going to have a Olaf's Perfect Pensic Pickel
Auction this weekend too.  I already had at least one Lady lined up to be
the server). I hope all of you get a chance to attend the Barony of
Stonemarche's Market Day at Birka 12 next Feb- I'll be there.
Hej!
Olaf