SC - Meridian Pennsic party

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun May 21 21:02:36 PDT 2000

Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> writes:
> Mistress Christianna MacGrain said:
> > Come to the Meridian party on Thursday night

> Which Thursday night?
	The second one.

> Will the food be period? periodiodish?
	Yes.  We are doing a Tavern style food set-up, and will hopefully have a
booklet.   We'll see how things go.

>While I enjoyed the party and the food last year, it would have been
nice to have had period food or barring that some Meridian traditional
foods.
	I didn't have anything to do with the food last year other than house
it.  The lady who did all of that preparation is now our Princess (Alyssa
- - she is a Dutchess with her husband, Duke Sir Kane Redfeather).  She is
big on catering, not so big on periodicity.

>I still remember my introduction to boiled crayfish at one of the early
Gulf >Wars (the etoufee and gumbo were already gone when I got there).
> Lord Stefan li Rous
	Um, yes.  Well, we won't be doing crawfish or gumbo this year, either.
Grilled meats are my lord's specialties (he prides himself on being the
only recipient of a Meridian AoA for BBQ), and our current Crowns have
specifically requested such.  We'll be doing pickles, pickled eggs, and
I'm not sure what else just now, as we're usure of our budget.  One thing
we are trying to find out that someone up there might be able to help me
with.  There is a butcher shop just outside Newcaslte we are trying to
find the name for.  If you are heading into Newcastle on 422 and turn
left at one of the first lights (I think that road is 312 or 322?)  and
head south, that road dead ends at an angle with what turns into
Washington (further into town Washington crossses  422 at the
Staumbaugh's).  This place has great meat at pretty good prices, and they
rent large bbq grills.  We went in last year, but we were'nt doing the
food, so we didn't need one then.  But we want one now, and would like to
be able to call them in advance.  We've tried to locate them on the web,
and can even pinpoint the location on Mapquest, but can't actually find
the listing for them. Does this ring a bell with anybody?
	Christianna