SC - Potatoes Decorative food Ideas and Candle sticks

BJ of NZ bjofnz at yahoo.co.nz
Mon May 22 03:21:44 PDT 2000

Thankyou for the recipie

as i under stand Parboil Potatoes,peel  slice and
layer, flavour and sugar  Boil some more
then butter
or peel and slice pour Rose water syrup over them  And
Bake Or is the paste Mashed Potatoe
 I imagine this is a sweet potato -Kumera Dish

> To Butter Potato Roots" (p. 193)
> "Take the roots & boile them in water, till they bee
> verie sort ------SOFT?,

> peele them & slice them, then put some rosewater to
> them & sugar & the
> pill of an orenge, & some of the iuice [sic] of the
> orenge, so let them
> boile a good while, then put some butter to them, &
> when the butter is
> melted serve them.

 This way you may bake them, but
> put them unboiled
> into the paste."

I am now trying to figure out some decorative Food
Ideas
and what kind of candle sticks did the elizabethans
use

=====