SC - Inappropriate subjects

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue May 30 19:15:59 PDT 2000

RANDALL DIAMOND wrote:

> The butchering of a human is certainly
> not a subject germane to this list.  I am
> not familiar with the person posting the
> rather sick (or minimally in very bad taste)
> item.  If you are new to this list, I suggest
> you consider your material more carefully,
> as I for one, will ask the moderator to oust
> you from the list upon seeing another autrocity
> like this on this list.  I do hope that other new
> list members will realize this is not at all normal
> for this list and will not drop out.

I know I'm probably adding to the severity of this, but please, ignore
this fellow. I checked earlier this evening, and he's not even
subscribed to the cooks' list or the digest. He's the author of the
article, presumably either trying to spam us, or he may have
misunderstood what the SCA is all about, either because of the acronym
or because some people do list us as a subversive organization.
Regardless, a direct post of the material is highly inappropriate, no
matter what the reasoning, and further comment on the list only feeds
the spam content.

I invite anybody who wishes to discuss this privately and hasn't had a
chance to throw in their two cents to contact me, but please, Lady
Brighid is right, don't continue to feed this thread.

Thanks!

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy