SC - Coleman oven

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed May 31 07:42:44 PDT 2000

While I don't have a Coleman oven as you've described, I have one of those
Coleman cooker/steamer/smoker/whatevers, which has a thermometer on the
outside, basicly telling you it's Cool, Cooking temp, and Hot. I put an oven
thermometer in it, to see what temperatures were where, and now I know that
if the needle is Here, the temperature is about 350- if it's There, about
450, and the other places, it's either cool or hotter than the hinges of
Hell.

Now that I know, I can do anything in it- ask Jasmine ;-) It functions as an
oven, or a burner, or anything else I need, but it wouldn't, if I hadn't
taken the time to calibrate it.

My suggestion is to get up off the 3 or 4 dollars for an oven thermometer,
and calibrate your oven. It will save you worry in the long run- they're
great for checking the one in your kitchen, too.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous