SC - OT: Boston

Jim Revells sudnserv5 at netway.com
Wed May 31 09:53:04 PDT 2000

	My first suggestion is not in Boston proper but in Worcester, MA.  It is
the Higgens Armoury Musuem.  Mr. Higgins was an Iron Barron who had the
money to indulge himself in his hobby of collecting arms & armour from
around the world (mainly Europian , I think it is the best collection in
North America). The next closest place would be Hammond Castle it is
another rich mans folly, he was fasinated by the Ren & Medival periods, his
house is Periodial but a lot of fun (SCAdian dream done with lots of
money).  Another not Boston site is the Springfield, Ma Natural History
Musuem.  It has a fantastic Japaneese Weapons display, also some direct
model cast of the Elgin Marbles & other Classical statues.
	For food, try Legal Seafood's Clam Chowder with a cold Sam Adams; the food
court a Fanial Hall (lots of diffrent foods to sample till you get full);
just about any place in the North end for good Itialian food;  Chinatown
has several types of east Asian restaraunts (one I liked was the Malaisian
one also Dimsong on Sundays);  Over by MIT there is an Itialian Ice Cream
place that has the worlds best Hot Fudge (Ben & Jerry say it is where they
go in Boston for ice cream);  Lots of places to go for Irish Music on the
South Side-but I haven't found anyplace for traditional Irish food yet.
	If you get over by Natick stop in to see me at the Natick Mall.
Hej!
Olaf