SC - cotignac

Kappler, MMC Richard A Richard.A.Kappler at SWOS.Navy.Mil
Mon May 1 12:18:55 PDT 2000

Hallooooo out there!  I'm a few digests behind as the relatively new
whammydyne home computer crashed hard at the end of last week and we still
haven't got it restored yet (t'would appear I was attacked by a virus of
some sort) and so am now catching up with the weekend mails, so if this has
already been posted, please forgive the bandwidth.  In the quince discussion
Balthazar posted a recipe for Cotignac from Larousse Gastronomique and
postulated that it was from a period source but wasn't altogether sure.  If
memory serves me (which it does serendipitously on some occassions and not
at all on others) the earliest recipe I have seen for this is indeed period
and hails from _Two Fifteenth Century Cookbooks_.  As implied earlier, I am
at work and don't have my sources readily at hand, but will check later to
be sure.

regards, Puck