SC - Re:Balthazar's expresso cake

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 2 02:27:45 PDT 2000

kareno at lewistown.net writes:

>     You are a man after my own heart ;*>   s'okay let me explain:   The
>  "few minor changes"  are whaat you did to stray from the original  -- your
>  own version of *subsitution*  ??   I can't seem to follow a recipe
>  *exactly*  either!

Having been a professional cook for so long (and an unprofessional one for
much longer), I have developed every cooks innate ability to instinctively
know how to make changes to a dish to achieve a desired effect or
flavor/texture.  I do this with almost every recipe I use, often without
trying the original first.  This will be a very difficult habit to break as I
delve deeper into the "re-creation" aspects of medieval cooking.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.