natural cooks (was Re: SC - Re:Balthazar's expresso cake)

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Tue May 2 06:35:33 PDT 2000

And it came to pass on 2 May 00,, that Black Jade wrote:

> Some people are not natural cooks, some people
> are.
>
> -Katerine

And a lot of us fall into the middle.  I am not an instinctive cook, but I
can produce tasty food.  Sometimes it takes a bit of tinkering and a few
instructive failures, which is why I would never cook a dish for a feast
that I had not pre-tested.

Brighid, who redacted a rather nice 19th century cider cake last night

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net