SC - Roden text and authenticity...

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 2 20:17:14 PDT 2000

lilinah at earthlink.net writes:

>  However, it does not represent the food and culture of the Near and
>  Middle East *from before 1601*, if that's what Lord Ras means by
>  authentic :-) although she does have a few recipes from al-Baghdadi.
>  While i think it is an excellent and *authentic* cookbook, it is not
>  suitable as a basis for SCA historic cooking...

Right.  I was referring to the "authenticity" of her depiction of Middle
Eastern culture (modern), and not the recipes themselves.  Having grown up in
that environment, I am sure she has portrayed it accurately, though I,
myself, have never been to the Middle East, so cannot say with "certainty".

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.