SC - Bounced message from Olaf

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Wed May 3 08:00:48 PDT 2000

To boil peanuts:
take fresh green peanuts place in large pot of heavly salted(one 5#box
of
ice cream salt/2 gallons of water) boiling water cook untill they no
longer
taste green serve hot to warm.  You can add other seasoning as well
cyanpepper is a popular one.
How do you tell if they tast green eat a raw peanut then you know what
green taste like.
Grandaddy Reb went from share cropper to owning 500 ar. on raising
peanuts,
cotton, corn & truck crops.  We used to have them whenever the crop was
being harvested.  I will conceed it may be an accquired taste.  If
served
while still warm they are not nasty they are waterlogged alot of the
flavor
& salt is in the water inside the shells which you suck out.
Olaf
> From: Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com>
> To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
> Subject: Re: SC - RE: The top 10 icks list
> Date: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 12:49 AM
>
> Boiled peanuts must be a southern thing? At least not
rocky-mtn-states.