SC - an interesting challenge...and its even about medieval food! :)

Christi Rigby crigby at uswest.net
Fri May 5 10:19:00 PDT 2000

I have nothing to do today (except sew my fingers to the bone which I am
procrastinating about) so I went to the Miscellany, and some books I have
and found the following:

Mustard Greens - Anthimus
Cress in Lent with Milk or Almonds - Menagier
Lenten foyles - Ordinance of Potage
Fried Gourd - Platina
Funges (using veggie broth) - Forme of Cury
Perre - Two Fifteenth Century
Makke - Form of Curry
Fried Broad Beans - Platina (using the "or else fry them well rubbed with
oil" version)
To Make a Tarte of Spinach - Proper Newe Booke
Recipe of Eggplant Pancakes - al-Andalusi
Badinjan Muhassa - ibn al-Mahdi's cookbook
Cooked Dish of lentils - al-Andalusi
A Muzawwara - Andalusian
Adas - Ibn al-Mabrad
Isfanakh Mutajjan - al-Baghdadi
Asparagus - The Original Mediterranean Cuisine
Asparagus - The Original Mediterranean Cuisine (recipe 2)
Favourite Broad Beans - The Original Mediterranean Cuisine
Green Cabbage - The Original Mediterranean Cuisine
Tender Chick Peas with Almond Milk - The Original Mediterranean Cuisine
Fennel and Leek - The Original Mediterranean Cuisine
Fried Gourds - The Original Mediterranean Cuisine
Leeks - T.O.M.C.
Dish of Onions - T.O.M.C.
On Preparing a salad of several greens - Platina - T.O.M.C.
Mushrooms of Sauce - T.O.M.C.
Of Small Leaves, and Fennel - T.O.M.C
Apple Fritters for lent - T.O.M.C.
Rice with Almond Milk - T.O.M.C
Quinces Boiled in a Pot - T.O.M.C.
Quinces - T.O.M.C.
Angel's Food - T.O.M.C.
Quince Paste - T.O.M.C
Candied Orange Peel - T.O.M.C.
Figs with Rose Petals - T.O.M.C.
To Prepare Salad for Celery - The Sensible Cook (recipes from 1609)
To Prepare a Salad of Artichokes - The Sensible Cook
To prepare all Kinds of cooked Salads - The Sensible Cook
About Asparagus - T.S.C.
To Make an Apple-taert - T.S.C.
To make and Apple-taert in yet another way - T.S.C.
To make a Cherry Taert - T.S.C.
To make a Spinach-taert the color green - T.S.C.
To candy green Walnuts - T.S.C
Lots of misc. candied fruit recipes - T.S.C.
Lots of misc. preserved fruit recipes - T.S.C.

These are all Vegan, no meats, no cheese, no eggs.

I guess I have done enough stuff this morning, guess I should get sewing.  I
only have a week left for 7 more mundane outfits to be made for my vacation.

Murkial
(who has been sewing mundane maternity clothes and clothes for her husband
and son for 3 weeks now and is really burned out)