SC - Re: No fedora fricasse yet!

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri May 5 16:45:46 PDT 2000

- --- Mordonna22 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 5/1/2000 8:26:09 PM US Mountain
> Standard Time,
> ringofkings at mindspring.com writes:
>
> <<  I'm holding onto my hat until I
>  see some justification for calling this combination
> a "classic".
>   >>
> Hmmm, it'll take some digging.......
> BUT, I was born in 1948, and my Mom served it to my
> Brownie Troop after
> reading about it in a Girl Scout Cook
> Book..............................Anyone got any
> suggestions for finding such
> a thing?
>
> Mordonna the Cook,
> SunDragon's Western Reaches
> Atenveldt
> (m.k.a. Buckeye, AZ)

How about writing to Kraft or to one of the peanut
butter companies and ask them if they know when the
recipe first came out?  I know that there were ads in
Good Housekeeping and Women's Day with "recipes" for
this in the 1950's.  You could write either and ask if
they have anything in their archives.  Or write to the
GS Cook Book publisher and ask them where they got the
recipe.

Huette