SC - Recipe for good small Pork or chicken pies

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun May 7 16:38:58 PDT 2000

Lorix asked:
> Anyway, I was just looking for recommendations of period recipes using chicken
> or pork in pies (along with mixed fruit, cheese or anything else ;-) that you
> might have made & where your feasters have scoffed the lot (my definition of
> what constitutes popular & good).

Here are the files in the FOOD section of the Florilegium that might be of
interest:
meat-pies-msg     (97K)  4/12/00    Period meat pies. Recipes.
fruit-pies-msg    (29K)  4/12/00    Period fruit pies. Recipes. Baking pies.
pies-msg          (27K)  4/12/00    Period pie crusts, meat and fruit pies.
Period-Pies-art   (33K)  9/29/97    "Raising a Coffin or the Fine Art of Making
                                       Period Pies." by Lady Aoife Finn.
To_Mke_A_Tart-art (20K) 11/30/93    Article on medieval recipes using a cheese-
                                      onion tart as an example.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net