SC - Period cookery recipes

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon May 8 21:53:35 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/8/00 10:15:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RButler96 at aol.com writes:

<< A Baghdad Cookery Book
 al-Baghdadi  1229
 Translated in "Islamic Culture" (a journal)
 the January 1939 edition >>

I have also used this manuscript for several feasts and I agree the food is
great. My ongoing project is to redact every recipe contained in the  book
but so far I only have 67 finished. :-)

A translation appears in His Grace Cariadoc's Collection of Medieval and
Renaissance Cookbooks, Vol.I. The 2 volume collection contains translations
of many of the cookbooks we mention on this list. And both volumes together
cost less than a single volume of most any book. I would highly recommend
that the serious student of medieval cookery purchase this collection.

Ras