SC - Dolmas, Dolmades

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon May 8 23:37:29 PDT 2000

Anahita al-shazhiyya asked:
> I vaguely remember this topic coming up here, but since that drive
> crash i had in October, i have no messages much older than 6 months.
>
> Is there anything like dolmas documented "in period". Certainly all
> the component parts are - grape leaves, rice, olive oil, spices, and
> additions like ground meat, raisins, and nuts. But i know that
> doesn't mean they were combined in this form.

I think evidence of these being period was the last piece that I was
looking for but no one came forward with it. Still, since you lost the
messages you saved, you might be interested in this file in the FOOD
section of my files:
grape-leaves-msg  (19K)  5/26/99    Use of grape leaves in cooking. Sources.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net