SC - Mundane - Period recipe help!

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Tue May 9 13:34:30 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/9/00 11:28:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
crigby at uswest.net writes:

> I need a recipe for trout, it is for dinner so it doesn't need to be period.
>  But I thought I would ask you guys for your help.  I don't cook fish much
>  since I don't like it, but hubby loves it.

If you plan to serve it as a whole-dressed fish, I would suggest browning it
first in olive oil or butter, removing it from the pan, and then sauteeing
julienne onions, carrots and celery in the same pan.  Place the fish back on
top of the vegies, cover the pan, and slip it into a 350 F oven for about ten
minutes.  This makes a nice savory trout, and is simple to prepare.   A
little drizzle of lemon or sprinkle of fresh dill, and Voila!

If you are serving filets, I suggest dipping them into buttermilk, and then
dredging them in finely chopped (almost powdered in the food processor)
pecans and sauteeing in butter.  Sprinkle with salt.

Hope this helps

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Jesus died for my sins....I'm just giving him his money's worth!