SC - Saffron (revisited)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue May 9 17:31:50 PDT 2000

When I went to buy saffron recently, (I was offered, having asked for the
cheapest REAL saffron they had), not safflower but a mixed powder
containing, amongst other things, turmeric.  I didn't enquire too deeply
because I was busy insisting that I wanted SAFFRON and not an imitation of
any sort!  The woman at the counter was, on the other hand, trying to
convince me that this powder was just as good and did contain some saffron.

Gwynydd (who did finally get the dish of saffron!  But I really had to argue
with her to get her to sell it to me!)