SC - Turkish/American foodstuffs.

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue May 9 20:51:21 PDT 2000

Since I'm merely a beginner at this sort of thing, I asked an expert in
foods served in our period in the Turkic areas for verification for the
usage of what are commonly known as New World Foods, for the usage of corn,
tomatoes and hot peppers in period Asian-but-not-European Turkic recipes.
This is his response. First section is my direct question, with your

Paul, may I ask you to refute or confirm his/her assertions, since you know
more about Turkic cooking than I do?