SC - European Food

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed May 10 10:41:51 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/10/00 6:38:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JVButlerJr at aol.com writes:

<< "Pre-1650" covers
 a lot of ground, and nowhere does it say "Ignore everything that is not
 Western Europe."

     Suleyman >>

It's pre-1600 except for  fencers. ;-) But who's counting? I live in Baghdad
most of the year. A culture, BTW, that is west of China.  I have SCA friends
that live in Japan. That is a culture west of North America. Perspective
means everything. :-) I also know people in the SCA who live in  France which
is EAST of Andalusia which is a more western culture than England and, if the
Corpora is to be adhered to religiously Andalusian personas should be the
ideal of what the SCA is all about (e.g., Western culture).

Many folks chose English personas because there is a lot of late period
manuscripts and documentation which makes for familiarity with the culture.
My point being...I don't really see that it matters a great deal to most SCA
folks where you are from so long as you play the game correctly. :-)

Ras