SC - Unhistoric things we serve WAS:Shepherds Pie

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed May 10 14:04:20 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/10/00 5:23:18 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
grizly at mindspring.com writes:

> <<<< I wouldn't be so quick to make that presumption, personally.  After
all, these were "cookery books" and such that they were writing, and not
all-encompassing cyclopaedia.

>  Given the range of bizarre foods one finds in various texts,
> some being singular references, it doesn't seem too logically removed to
> assume the ONE of the Italian texts would have included at least one
> reference to the fruit as an ingredient if not a dish in itself.

I understand your point now.  Until something else comes along,  the books
and records which have survived are all we have to go on.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Complacency Breeds Contempt