SC - OT Vegetarian Vampires (was Absinthe)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu May 11 08:19:33 PDT 2000

Jeff Gedney wrote:

> My Stock reply in the SCA when I am told by some blackcaped, black-lipsticked
> buffon that he is a "Goth", in tones like I should be awed by him, is:
>
> "Oh really? Ostrogoth, or Visigoth? When are you getting garb, I'd like to see that!"
>
> brandu

Brandu, I think I've mentioned to you my standard response to vampires
in the SCA: If you want to be a medieval vampire, do what a medieval
vampire does. Lie quietly in a grave someplace and when there's a
cholera epidemic, you can get exhumed and burned. This is exactly what
almost all medieval history and folklore has to say about vampires.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com