SC - Re: Competition entries

Serian serian at uswest.net
Thu May 11 22:40:12 PDT 2000

When you enter culinary competitions, how do you present
your foods?  The first and only time so far i've entered, I
set out a table cloth and candles (unlit).  I served the
chicken with orange sauce on a platter, the omelette or
harlots in its pan on a wooden dish to protect the cloth.  I
served hyppocras and dry site hyppocras, and a round platter
with the period and comparison wafers, plus sugared almonds,
which would have been served with the wine and wafers.
Several people commented that they liked my display, and
indeed I was the only one who did not just put my food and
documentation on the table.

My thanks to THL Gwen who always does such nice displays and
gave me the notion that it was a good thing.

So, what do the rest of you all do?

Serian