SC - Marshall's Breakfast-Will's revenge-Menu

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Fri May 12 05:46:46 PDT 2000

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
From: LrdRas at aol.com
 In a message dated 5/11/00 11:12:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
 crigby at uswest.net writes:
 << I have some extra puff pastry. How would that work around the rolls? >>
Ras wrote:
That sounds good also. Since I am currently restricted to a liquid diet for 3-4 days do to severe dehydration and an ugly systemic infection, I am jealous! BTW, I do collect modern recipes also.....

The puff pasrty should be glorious.  I have used it as a personal variation for Lombard chicken pasty (Le Menagier).  It sure adds a new dimension to that dish, so go for it!  I also highly recommend LARD crusts/pastry.  The richness and texture is almost unparalleled.  A little harded to work than standard "Crisco" crust, but well worth the effort.  Park your arteries at the door, though if wrapped around eggs and sausage :o)

niccolo difrancesco

(PS sorry about the liquids Ras :o(  One word of support:  Cuisinart!  ANY food can be a liquid <g>)