SC - Unhistoric things we serve

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon May 15 03:36:26 PDT 2000

cclark at vicon.net wrote:

> Andrea wrote:
> >Things I have seen at but would never serve at events:
> >Shortbread
> >Lasagna
>
>  Well, maybe a bit surprised, but only
> because basic shortbread is so simple that a recipe is hardly needed.

This is quite true.  In fact, my Scottish cookbook, put out by the Rural Women's
League (or something like that...the book is upstairs), has a recipe that is so
simple I was able to reduce it to one of simple proportions:  1 part butter to 2
parts sugar to 4 parts flour.  This is infintely expandable and incredibly
easy.  It also has the virtue of making some of the finest shortbread around!

Kiri