SC - Kiwi?!?! (was - Artemisia's new A&S Champ)

DeSevyngy at aol.com DeSevyngy at aol.com
Tue May 16 11:14:30 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/14/00 6:49:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
stefan at texas.net writes:

<<Lady Constance, if you are reading this, I would be very interested
 in publishing your documentation in the Florilegium. Or seperate
 articles on things like constructing the brick oven, the salt an
 the docs you have on salt refining in the MA, your experiences in
 refining the sugar, your experiences in hand-grinding the flour, making the
malt vinegar and probably others. Please contact me if
 you are interested. >>

Constance de LaRose is taking a much deserved mundane vacation this week.
While she did drop off this list, she did so because of the volume and too
little time with A&S coming up, and I surely will try to get her to come back
on. I am in contact with her and will tweek her arm to get her to forward the
files on.  Tweeking is neccesary, you see, because the sweet woman does not
see the true value of what she has accomplishes in the SCA. We drove from
Salt Lake City, Ut to Missoula, Mt with her trying to get us to turn around
and go home the whole time.  The truly sick thing about this marvolous gal,
is that she had FUN doing the documentaion.

One thing that I noticed was not mentioned is that she has proven that the
"Kiwi-fruit" is period!!  Now before you jump on this one, let me tell you
(briefly) how.  You see the New Zelanders that grew and marketed Kiwi earlier
this century, knew they could not market it under the name of the plants they
brought back from a trip to Europe. This plant was Chinese goose berry.  Then
my sick and twisted fiend of a friend tracked the latin (don't recall of the
top of my head) name for Chinese goose berry, traced the latin to Gerard, and
beloved Gerard references the latin name as, of all things, as prickley goose
berry.  Yes, prickly goose berry.  I can hear the book covers creaking.  Go
look it up, Gerard expounds on this fruit as being perfect to sooth a
irritated stomach.  She combined another well known stomach soothing fruit
(mango), stomach soothing Cardamon and a wheat vodka from a company chartered
in 1561 and entered a lovely liquor, the bottle didn't last past 6pm.  We've
told her she must bottle more as 'Royal Hooch", the Queen found the flavor
sublte, surprising and very enjoyable.  Granted though, my all too brief
sketch of _how_ she arrived at the conclusion surely is missing a step or
too, but I tell you so that you can gain a brief understanding about how her
mind works.

All this because she was told 'oh, kiwi is _not_ period.'

Sick, I tell you.  Positively demented.  We call her Guido, as she just has
this way of putting things so you can't refuse! And we won't give her up for
anything!

And I really can not wait until she gets home from vacation and sees all the
post (here and elsewhere) about her.  She won't stop blushing for a week!

Isabeau

HL Isabeau deSevyngy
Squired to Sir Sakura kita no Maikeru
Shire of Gryphons Lair