SC - Recipes for Emeril Live: #EM1D04: Medieval Cuisine

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Thu May 18 06:28:37 PDT 2000

Andamantius skrev:

>So where is the potato starch that had so many people in a tizzy?

Actually, that was in the meat pie recipe he did which didn't make it to the
recipe list, IIRC. He basicly made a "coffin" or at least called it that,
containing a couple of different meats and some fruits, then covering with a
thick gravy, which he thickened with potato starch, and covered as we'd do a
regular pie.

If Andrew managed to tape it for me, I'll be making you a copy and sending
it along- I've been planning to do that with a few of his shows anyway,
since you told me you can't get him where you are.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous