SC - Medieval Times

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu May 18 06:13:58 PDT 2000

Yeah, we went to the one in Florida a number of years ago (at least 10) and it was
pretty pricey even then.  However, at that point, they were new and seemed to have
a better reputation, even in the SCA, so we decided to give it a whirl.  But, even
then, we still rolled our eyes and laughed a lot.  I think that, if you do
something like this...or even with a lot of what you see at Ren fairs, you have to
sort of put your SCA knowledge in your back pocket and realize that what you're
going to see/hear will, for the most part, bear little resemblance to what we
understand as "the way it really was".  I'll never forget my tremendous
disappointment at the mead I purchased one time and the Maryland Ren Faire...I am
certain that what they did was to take cheap white wine and add honey to it!
Aarrrgh!!!!!!!

Kiri