SC - Creme' Bastarde

Joan Nicholson gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Mon May 22 21:43:48 PDT 2000

Greetings again,

I also just returned from visiting friends in Scotland.  I was intrigued by
their un-heated kitchen and asked "howcum?"  I was told that most homes
didn't need to heat the kitchen as it was warm enough when cooking was
on-going and the rest of the time you could store things on the counters.
The kitchen was separated from the rest of the house by a solid door.  I
know that we left a cheesecake!! on the counter for three days and had no
problems.  I loved thinking about what would happen if I tried that here in
NM.  Talk about biological experimentation!!

Prydwen

gryphon at carlsbadnm.com