SC - OT Alert--Dominoes in China--was Authenticity buffs

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Thu May 25 15:46:37 PDT 2000

Regards Dominoes was written:

>> Well, they are perfectly period for China, in the 12th century....
>> but alas dominoes did ot make it to europe until after period.

I seem to recall a single domino in a picture of artifacts recovered  from
the "Vasa" as published in "Scientific American".   The "Vasa" is out of
period but only slightly as I recall.  The Vasa was if I remember correctly
was Danish? and turned turtle and sank upon launching in the first decade of
the 17th century.  Please anyone who knows better correct me if I am wrong.

Daniel Raoul