SC - What Would Have Been Your Job in Medieval Times?

DeSevyngy at aol.com DeSevyngy at aol.com
Fri May 26 13:32:44 PDT 2000

In a message dated 5/26/00 11:07:03 AM Mountain Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
writes:

<< I did this a couple of months back, and then they said I was I think a
 jester/troubadour. But now I'm a shepherd. I wonder what changed? Has
 work for the corporate moster changed what I am? >>

More than likely you were in a slightly different mood the first time you did
it.  The friend of mine that showed me the site goes through periods of
running the test on herself every day or so.  Provided she answers honestly
for how she is feeling at that time, she'll get different responses.  She'll
then use the responses to determine if she's facing the day with a smile on
or if she needs to adjust her attitude before she starts making business
calls that day.  Found it a useful trick myself a time or two.

The site is a rather clever marketing tool.  CMI is a neat company.  You sign
up, go down to LA for a few days, go through a day long test of similar
questions to those on the site. The next day, you have a four hour interview
with a staff member, they advise you as to which fields (even which aspects
of fields) you are most likely to succeed in.  The tests are long and
exaustive, they can ask the same question 10 times and in 10 different ways,
but their results are highly accurate.  A friend of mine in college went
there about 8 years ago.  They said he would do OK in biology (his degree
course) but that he would be far more successful working in tech support for
computer programing.  Fun thing, he switched to computers and is now wildly
successful and really enjoys his work.