SC - OOP & OT - WANTED: help from computer whizz ;-)

Lorix lorix at trump.net.au
Sat May 27 14:53:27 PDT 2000

Sue Clemenger wrote:

> Hey! It's happened to me, too, twice! I was thinking it had to be my
> mail server.  I had the misfortune of getting almost 1700 messages one
> afternoon.  Would be very interested in hearing the causes and
> solutions!
> --Maire
Ahh well I _know_ what that one is!  I, too, have _received_
duplicates of previously received messages which is a sort of cross
between server problems & configure problems.  Somewhere in the
internet preferences for messages is a box that if ticked causes all
messages to be saved on the server for a duration of time.  Thus, they
have the ability to be re-downloaded at a later stage . . .

However, my problem is not with _receiving_ duplicate messages, but my
computer is spontaneously _sending_ them.  It does not appear to be
duplicates of 'draft' messages since I use netscape & it asks me if I
want to have a draft set up.  The messages that have bee re-posted
(and sent back to me & queried) contain the entirety of the text
originally sent.  But thanks to the other poster for that suggestion,
since I had not thought of that one.

<puzzled> Lorix