SC - OOP & OT - WANTED: help from computer whizz ;-)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun May 28 19:47:27 PDT 2000

margali wrote:

> I know that if my modem times out when downloading mail and a website at the
> same time i get a temp file created in netscape at the bottom of my inbox list
> that is a duplicate, including the stuff i have already read and am hanging onto
> for a while that is in my inbox. It usually is named 'temp_some bogus string of
> numbers and letters_ and i just go in and delete it, and my normal inbox is just
> fine.
>
> Could this problem be some relatively inoccuous virus?

Something like that occasionally happens to me, using Netscape, too. I'm
fairly certain, though, that it has to do with the option in your
Netscape Preferences to either leave downloaded messages on your server
or delete them once downloaded. I use the latter option, and if the full
download process is interrupted in any way, the final instruction to
purge the server isn't delivered, and you get to download it all over again.

Hey, you told it to... ;  )

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy